Two weeks ago I blogged for my portfolio class – “How will I cultivate my online “Samson Seligson?” In it I gave examples of what i found when I searched myself on Google. I then expressed what I felt I needed to change in order to fix the (seeming) errors that I found.
This week I sat down with my professor to figure out some real answers apart from the few that I noted in my blog post. There was one major change and one minor change that need to be made:
1) I need to change my ancient (3 or so years old) godforsaken gravatar photo, which makes me look mad. I’m not mad, I’m an exciting person to work with (I think), and I’m always looking to keep the mood light and cheery. So I’ll have to do some serious searching, or do a photo shoot.
2) My website- This website- needs to be redone. So far its just been a place that I come back to once in a while. It needs to be remodeled, because the original layout and design is just dry and old. (Kinda like a good piece of gum that has been chewed on for just too long.) So, for now I am going to change the basic appearance, but I will be looking into getting a new theme altogether. (Probably from a place like ThemeForest.)
I need to keep it up to date- it wouldn’t be very effective if I have been working on loads of projects, but the last thing anybody sees is from a half year ago.
In short, I have begun my quest of turning over my web page from its first impression (which I created nearly 2 years ago), to a new look.
Over the next month I will be attempting to curate my library of photos, videos, graphics, and sound bites, so that someone who comes to this website is able to skim through all of my works.
I will be posting each project by itself, in chronological order of its final production date.